Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Good Dr. J's Playful Game of Hyde and Seek.

It never ceases to amaze me the things people can do at one moment, and then the next. I have to dig out my sheeps' clothing again.. around here somewhere..

The first time we met he was moments away from (innocently) drooling on my shoulder.

After that it would appear that we spent our time apart moving along the same path, not towards each other, but maybe next to each other. We are already so used to going in the same direction it makes very little sense to continue doing it without one another. Not like two peas in a pod (that would be gross.. same parents.. icky), not like peanut butter and jelly (he's the wrong color pallet, and I'm not all that sweet..) not like two sides of the same coin. Better, we are similar sides of several different coins, we don't always over lap, but we are usually not so far off our metal precipice as to be invisible to each other. He has been there the whole time. It's my hope that he will be here the whole time.

According to certain calendars, by the time we are able to exist in the same state, the world will have ended.

Bummer.

I believe it is possible to grow up and stay a child, to keep the scent of muddy shoes and winter woods over heady cups of tea. Not everyone shares this belief, thinking instead that it's important to throw away the muddy shoes and use environmentally destructive spray scents to hide the smell of the season. The possessor of the sincerely inquisitive and creative mind is a rare beast-- the real ones don't get tired, don't give in because they see other people have.. they keep going, they don't have a choice.

I struck out today to find a job. In the rain. Not a smart thing, to try to find a job in the rain-- you get all wet, resumes get all wet. Though it wasn't really raining-- though if it was, it was the type of rain that you don't really identify as rain until it's too late. All of a sudden you are covered in the mist you have been walking through, afraid to try to brush any of it off lest you introduce it further into your clothes. Your nose has become a slip and slide, your forehead is charging admission, and the line meanders efficiently all through your hair. The umbrella you are traveling with 'incase it starts raining' is rendered useless by your lack of timing.

In spite of that, I think the impromptu interview went rather well, and I expect to hear back from them sometime soon.

Love is not blind, by the way. Love, if anything, has the power to see where many other things can't, and in spite of what it sees maintain the ability to be understanding and accepting. Whoever said it was blind may have been thinking about only the most superficial aspects of a relationship. Or maybe considering Love to be blind implies that it is blind to the world outside of the Loved. I could, potentially, understand that-- though I doubt the phrase is often used in that capacity.

It could be that 'Love is blind' is meant to mean that it is as 'blind' as any other highly emotional idea. Hate is also blind by that logic-- though considering that if Hatred is blind in the same way that superficially Love is also supposed to be blind, I would say that Hate has the ability to see much more clearly. It is easy for us to Hate what we don't like to look at, hard for us to Love the very same. If someone Loves an ugly thing, we think they are blind. If someone hates a beautiful thing we assume that they must have a very good reason for it-- that, or they are stupid, misinformed, or going through puberty.

I found one of the only ATMs that doesn't accept deposits today. I stood in front of it for a solid five minutes, disbelieving, pushing buttons and looking for the appropriate option to deposit funds to pay rent. Couldn't find it.. wasn't there. Key has locations in NY and ME.. none in MA.. and the SINGLE ATM they have secreted away on Atlantic Ave does not DO deposits.

Awesome.

So I was downtown, assuming I'd be able to get at least THAT aspect of my life squared away (third trip in as many days with limited results). Not true. I figured that I could at least make the trip worth my while by looking around Chinatown for Silkyway, which is a Martial Arts Supply store. I found it, complete with iron bars across the door and a 'For Lease' sign in the window.

Fail #2.

Holy crap. I just sent the most time consuming e-mail known to man.. it doesn't appear as such.. being shortish.. but I don't appear that complicated either.. being shortish myself..


No comments:

Post a Comment