Thursday, September 19, 2013

i think it's about. forgiveness.

Thoughts:

There are two lines running together. They twist, turn, dive- near one another within reach.

The lines are people, their movements are time.

I was thinking about the term "letting someone down" and while it's origin probably has nothing to do with my idea, I've been wondering my way through the phrase.

One line is on top of the other, both lines have an opportunity to communicate about direction. If they communicate well, they will continue to run together, even if they don't interact or cross one another. They are still in some way with one another.

That, I think, is the responsible thing to do.

The other possibility is that one line will just drop off, sending the other on it's normal trajectory off into nowhere-land, eventually wondering where the other line went.

That's the confusing part- waking up in the middle of the abyss.

So "letting someone down" is maybe allowing them to know your plans, and gradually you move on. The phrase is kind of gentle, does not imply dropping. When you "let someone down" a cliff you have a rope tied to them and you keep them from hurting themselves on their way.

Though I guess "letting someone down" is also just disappearing.

Cutting the rope.

I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment