Sunday, April 11, 2010

These are the people in your neighborhood.

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to update my blog.

I don't know how long it just took me to get this page to work-- but in terms of musictime, it has taken 3/4 of a trance cd. 3/4!!

I probably should have given up.. I don't really have that much to say..

Last week a Darknight went on a quest to save a Dumbass in distress. That sounds a little harsh, but to know the Darknight, and to know the Dumbass, one would understand there there could be nothing else the Darknight would rather do.

I learned all kinds of groovy things. Like if you come upon a burning meth lab, and the rider has been thrown 30 yards from his automobile without his helmet, you should administer 400mg of charcoal.. immobilize the leg above and below the joint.. and make sure you put the childs head in a 'sniffing' position to clear the airway.. so you can properly call for ALS.. place them on the fatperson-tray.. begin 2 minutes of CPR.. do not try to AED the frozen homeless persons K-hole, in spite of his central line.. be mindful of axial loading footballers-throw them a rope if listing, inert, in the deep end.. if there is an empty container of pills next to a rabid fox, be sure to get SAMPLE data from spectators BEFORE trying your ABCs, directing movement from the head, or clearing snow away from his airways.. recognize that C-spines are the worst thing in the world.. safely dispose of yours while doing all of the following EXCEPT keeping your promise to the hypothermic teen who wants you to get her a blanket before you stick black, yellow and red tags to all 'surviving' almond scented victims of cyanide poisoning.

I had my own kind of warped Easter Egg hunt this year. Saturday, while walking down the street my nose ran afoul of a teensy fly. Easter Sunday the teensy fly preformed a velocitous exodus from foul-nose-home during a morning nose-blow, he, unlike The Jesus, still dead on Easter.

Alarm.

When 'The Hatching' does actually occur, I will be sure to inform anyone who is interested. I am considering tea with Mr. F soon. Wouldn't that be dandy, if, during a peaceful conversation, *things* began to happen. I imagine my nose would start to weep, there may be a rumble, and then lo! The air would be full of teensy flies! The source narrowing at my nose.. it would be not unlike a plague.. muaha.

Conversation while conducting a tour through the guilty pleasure section of my itunes. The Black Eyed Peas comes on, 'My Humps':

- Really?

- Yeah?! Have you seen the video? It's *AMAZING*.

- Are there camels in it?

My roommate goes to the bathroom roughly every twenty minutes. This is how I can tell he is home/alive.

I found my passport, by the way. Thank you for asking. Finally got freecare.. I think.. that will potentially be an expensive question to answer.

I miss playing softball.

Had a good coffee with a great guy this afternoon. Sat in the sun. Watched people.

Insistent Destructor Lindsay got out 250 fliers on Saturday. I met a pretty orange cat and saw a lot of really cool doorknobs. Whoot.

It is now my job twice a week to be at the front of the adult classes-- to lead by example, keeping the energy up, the movement crisp and the standards high. Means I get to yell a lot, and for the first time in a long time I am sore. This is exactly what I had hoped for at this point.

Exactly.

If only I could stop it with these phone-tarded things. If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment